College Planning: The Promise
1. Develop a customized “Student Profile Report” that is approximately 70 to 90 pages filled with information regarding your eligibility for financial aid. It will also contain detailed information about colleges, universities, ACT/SAT board exams, AP/CLEP courses, etc.
2. Analyze your ability to qualify for college funding and to what extent by computing your Expected Family Contribution for both the Federal and complicated Institutional Methodology.
3. We will file the C.S.S. Profile required by colleges that use the institutional methodology for a one-time fee of $225 and annual renewal fee of $52.50. The College Board also charges a $9.00 application fee and $16.00 college/program reporting fee per college.
4. Provide a customized “College Search” that evaluates colleges you have specified and pinpoint others that offer the curriculum that fits your child’s career goal and a variety of other specified criteria. The schools chosen by 123College.com are generally those schools that historically have offered strong educational values with available financial aid.
5. Provide you with a critique of your essays before submission to the colleges and universities.
6. Gain access to the 123College.com “Negotiations Team.” We assist in helping you obtain more financial aid with colleges and universities that offer you unexpectedly low funding. We evaluate your financial aid package(s) and determine if the correct amount of financial aid is being provided. In the event that the package is being under awarded or mis-awarded, we either contact the financial aid officers on your behalf or create letter(s) for you to send to the schools requesting additional financial aid.
7. Provide you with the SAT/ACT practice study guide along the software produced by the Kaplan Learning Centers to potentially help improve test scores. Please check one SAT or ACT. If left blank, an SAT guide will be sent.
8. Provide access to a computer driven, comprehensive college and career planning system. This online personality profile and aptitude test assists your student in potentially choosing a major that your student should enjoy and may also excel in academically.
9. Inform your family about the top companies to obtain student loans that currently have the best interest rates and excellent customer service.
10. Provide a 1/2-hour one-on-one consultation with a 123College.com “Senior College Counselor” to discuss your Student Profile Report.
11. Provide you with a toll-free customer service number to call with any questions or any issues you may wish to discuss.
Please contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Get a head start on the process by using this U.S. Dept. of Education questionnaire to determine your eligibility for student aid.